Monday, March 5, 2012

I smell something sweet....

Right now, I smell like vanilla cake. Naturally... 

When Hugo Naturals was offering a chance to review three of their products on their Facebook Page... Saying I JUMPED at the chance was putting it mildly. I triple-somersaulted, touched the sky, and screamed for the chance to review their products. I have been using their coconut shampoo and conditioner for a couple of months now, and love them. They never use parabens, phenoxyethanol, sulfates, PEGs, propylene glycol, petroleum products, silicones, phthalates, synthetic surfactants, artificial colors, or synthetic fragrances. Which, as you may know, is right up my non-toxic alley!

So, when they picked me to review... I was THRILLED! They sent me out their Brown Sugar Body Polish in Kumquat, their Handcrafted Soap in Grapefruit, and their All Over Lotion in Vanilla and Sweet Orange.

First up, their Brown Sugar Body Polish in Kumquat ($12.99): 

photo credit: Lucky Vitamin

I was hesitant. I'm not a big fan of scrubs, mostly because I find them a bit too oily and I don't like feeling like a oil-rubbed chicken after a shower. When I opened this scrub, I was not expecting to like it at all because of the large pool of oil on top. The instructions on the package said to mix the product well. Once I did that, it made the scrub into much more of a paste consistency. It went on smoothly, and rinsed away cleanly. Overall, I was pleased with it. I didn't feel too greasy afterwards, my shower wasn't a mess, and my skin was soft. I don't think I will be buying this product in the future, however, mostly because I prefer to spend my beauty product money elsewhere... but if you are looking for a sugar scrub... Hugo is your guy.

Next up, their Handcrafted Soap in Grapefruit ($4.99):
photo credit: iherb

Now, I'm a soap-a-holic. I looooove soaps. I made the switch to bar soap many years ago because I was tired of throwing away a bottle and a body puff every month. I found it to be wasteful. I find soap to be fun to collect and try different scents and types. Their Grapefruit scent is refreshing, invigorating, and sweet at the same time. I have soft skin after using it, it doesn't dry me out... and the best part is they are HANDCRAFTED. You can even see a "slice" of grapefruit in the soap. I LOVE this soap. This soap will become a great part of my arsenal. (Did I mention that I love it?) 

Last, but definitely not least, we get to the real shining star in this review.... their All Over Lotion in Vanilla and Sweet Orange:


photo credit: iherb

This is my new best friend. Sweet smelling, non-greasy, absorbs quickly, and priced right ($9.99).... this lotion and I are going to get along juuuuuuust fine. This lotion is the reason that I smell like vanilla cake right now. I smell amazing, and my skin is butter soft. I have been putting it on right after my shower everyday, and my skin has never been softer. Funny thing is, right after I started using this lotion... I noticed that the SAME exact scent was mentioned in one of my favorite blogger's (The Crunchy Chicken) new book, "The Non-Toxic Avenger". That firmly cemented this product in my bathroom! 

So overall, the products that Hugo Naturals sent me were winners! I look forward to doing more reviews on non-toxic products on this blog. For now, you can check out my Toxic Free Fridays on YouTube... I have covered a lot of products there already. I love sharing products that I find that work, so that you can live a more non-toxic lifestyle.

Thank you to Hugo Naturals for giving me the opportunity to review such great products.

3 comments:

  1. I used to have an unhealthy obsession with fancy soap like that. Oh my, it looks right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lotion tip Megan! I've been looking for a good priced natural lotion, most I've seen are $15+...and that's a hard pill to swallow when I'm used to paying $5 for a bottle of off brand lotion that is twice the size. This is the first time I've had a chance to check out your blog, and I'm liking it:) Michelle aka juliet1178

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I hope do to more with it!!

      Delete